The DARCO Body Armor Night Splint engages the windlass mechanism resulting in a specific and sustained stretch to the plantar fascia ligament and a sustained low load stretch to the flexor tendons, Achilles tendon, and calf muscles.
- Toe Strap dorsiflexes the 1st MPJ to provide a specific and sustained stretch to the Plantar Fascia and a sustained low load stretch to the flexor tendons, Achilles tendon and calf muscles.
- Loading the Windlass Mechanism naturally brings the foot/ankle to a near 90 degree angle thus eliminating the “lever effect” and the resulting pressure on the apex of the ankle.
- Elastic Connector Ring allows for natural flexion of the foot and toes during sleep, returning to the dorsiflexed position when muscles relax.
- Low Profile Design allows for maximum user comfort and compliance.
- One-size-fits-all Design reduces inventory and ensures the right size is always on hand.